Welcome to Dr. Schlussel - West Orange, NJ
We provide Expert Eye Exams and Eye Care Services
Our West Orange, New Jersey office provides comprehensive eye care in a private setting. Dr. Alan Schlussel's extensive experience combined and highly qualified staff ensure that your eyecare and eyewear needs are addressed.
Q&A with Dr. S
Dr. Schlussel Answers Your Eyecare Questions
At what age should my children have their 1st eye exam?
We generally recommend a first vision screening at pre-school age. For children whose parents have a strong hereditary history of poor vision, earlier screenings are recommended. In families in which the parents and older siblings have strong eyesight, eye testing can be postponed to an older age.
Patient Starting Points:
- Meet Our West Orange Eye Doctor
- See Insurance plans we accept at Dr. Schlussel's West Orange office
- Find a map, directions, hours & contact details
- Request an appointment
- Read about our comprehensive eye exams, children's vision care, treatment of eye diseases like cataracts and diabetic retinopathy and more.
- See the designer frame brands we carry
- Listen to Dr. Schlussel's Latest EyeCare Radio Show
- Check us out on Google+ here
- Aug 27, 2014 - Cutting Edge Glaucoma Technology
A futuristic, yet simplistic, eye implant paired with a smartphone app may change the way eye doctors treat glaucoma. More »
- Aug 24, 2014 - Comfortable Vision for Back-to-school Reading
- Jul 24, 2014 - Be on the Lookout for Vision Problems this Summer Break
- Mar 21, 2014 - Listen to Dr. Schlussel's next Eyecare Radio Show, Monday March 31 @ 8:00 pm
- Dec 19, 2013 - New News Item
- Dec 19, 2013 - Keeping your Eyes Safe in a Digital World
BlogTalkRadio show about Digital Eye Strain More »
- Dec 10, 2013 - Fun Holiday Gifts That Are GOOD for Children's Vision
- Oct 2, 2013 - Pink, Stinging Eyes?
It Could Be Pink Eye. More »